Business Development Associate
|Location:||San Diego, CA|
|Benefits:||Offering a competitive benefits package to our team members is a top priority. Our team members are offered medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts and voluntary life benefits. We ensure long term success by offering a 401k plan with company match as well as company-paid short and long term disability, life insurance, paid time off, and wellness programs. |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Retail Credit Group|
|Description:||The primary focus of this position is to identify opportunities to grow business relationships with merchants for our retail installment loan products. Beyond generating new opportunities independently in their assigned region, the role would also be responsible for curating existing relationships and finding ways to effectively grow our market share and increase overall loan volume.
- Development of a market entry plan for assigned territory with the objective of obtaining daily sales leads from owners/managers of small and medium sized retail businesses. This will involve market research, business planning and working with the appropriate team members to ensure maximum effectiveness during market visits.
- Manage the full sales cycle including the preparation and delivery of sales presentations, pricing negotiations, associated meetings, site visits, training and implementation.
- Monitor and service existing retail relationships in assigned regional territory while continuously growing loan volume on an annual basis.
- Conduct timely follow-up on merchant prospects and relationship maintenance of existing merchants. This follow-up would include both telephone follow-up and in-person follow-up from time-to-time as situations warrant. .
- Maintain an accurate Contact Relationship Management (CRM) pipeline with appropriate documentation that directly reflects daily activities, success in moving prospects through the sales cycle, increased product acceptance rates and loan volume in assigned region.
- Conduct continuous training for retail merchants and sales staff to ensure our product remains top-of-mind and a preferred provider status
Knowledge and Skills:
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined with the ability to work effectively with little or no supervision.
- Must be within 45 minutes of an airport and willing to travel up to 75% of the time.
- Prior sales experience required, preferably with history of selling financial products to retail merchants.
- Prior experience with contact relationship management software preferred.
- 4-year college degree; or Associates and High School diploma and commensurate work experience.
- Effective presentation skills and comfort dealing with C-Level executives.
- Willingness to work flexible schedules to include days, nights and weekends
- Must have exceptional oral and written communication skills to listen, understand, influence, and relate to our customerís needs.
- Must have ability to plan, organize, and execute plans to achieve desired targets.
- Must have adequate sales and marketing skills to convert prospect into a customer.
- Must have demonstrated ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in safeguarding company information and in establishing and maintaining good working relationships
- Must operate with high integrity pertaining to business and employment.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.