Software Development Analyst (Cold Fusion)
|Location:||Kansas City, MO|
|Benefits:||Offering a competitive benefits package to our team members is a top priority. Our team members are offered medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts and voluntary life benefits. We ensure long term success by offering a 401k plan with company match as well as company-paid short and long term disability, life insurance, paid time off, and wellness programs. |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Pioneer Services, A Division of MidCountry Bank, specializes in serving the financial needs of active duty and career retired military personnel through a network of retail branches across the country is seeking a Software Development Analyst to join our team in our Base of Operations located on the Country Club Plaza in Kansas City, Missouri.
The software developer’s role is to primarily use ColdFusion and Java to design, code, test, and analyze software programs and applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production lifecycle. The software developer will also analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports where required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge and Skills:
- Assist other developers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and developing new software programs and applications.
- Plan phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) for a variety of projects.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of software requirements and specifications.
- Research and analyze document requirements of software users.
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging..
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Familiarity with the financial and banking industry.
- Hands-on software troubleshooting experience
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Experience with specific phases of the software development life cycle, especially development and change management
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products
- Highly logical
- Technically proficient
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Pioneer Services has been part of the financial industry for more than 80 years, but since 1986, we have had the honor and privilege of exclusively serving the military. Headquartered in Kansas City, Mo., we have offices near many military bases across the United States. We’re continuously working to find new financial solutions that improve the quality of life of the military community and that help them on their way to financial independence. To learn more about our company or job opportunities, please visit http://www.pioneerservices.com/.
Pioneer Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.